i hear a stream


5 am
i hear a stream
birds bitching over the first worm
(been eating sardine for 2 hours
'til it stuck in my throat)

remember
when i first touched my queen's
pink wicked lips
she burned incense & faced mecca
said she loved arab flesh

i adore worldly stuff
don't you know
she smiled crookedly
a nasty grin
i swallowed her brown nipples
black olives

you're a salty fellow aren't you
she pushed me away
i flicked my tongue
rose on my tiptoes
expanded & swayed
bled desire through my eyes
i was horn toad
& she danced on the sharp tips
of my prehistoric horns

my lips ache
she moaned
& scratched her crotch
a smoke signal
dispersed too quickly
couldn't read it

on my way home
almost ran off the overpass
crushed the front right side
of my old ram
sat by the roadside
& watched
the tail of a lizard
wondered
if it was my spirit
frantic to escape

must be 5 am
down a dark ally
between titsworth & seminary
old man jesús
drags his cart of aluminum cans
somewhere
i hear a stream

but it could be fire

Comments

Popular Posts