On the birth of my grandson...




I remember the day dad passed away.  As he exhaled his last breath, Alexis, my niece, inhaled her first. One floor up there was jubilation, one floor down momentary despair. Momentary because we realized a life was coming into the family, and everlasting life was beginning for our father. The room was full of people that loved him, and we started to sing hymns, and the Holy Ghost comforted us.

Today, June 12, 2017, my thoughts are of beginnings and endings. The cycle of life. Life's arch is short and swift. But for Christians, the journey through this strange and sometimes wonderful land leads to a place of eternal bliss. "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18). 

Today, my thoughts are of my parents, how they lived their lives for the Lord, and the legacy they left behind. Today, I think about my niece Mary and her courageous battle against ALS. Today, my thoughts are of my son, Christian, and daughter-in-law, Vanessa, as they bring their first son and my third gra

Today, I'm full of joy and hope and pray that our Heavenly Father blesses and keeps my grandson safe throughout his short journey. Today, I am simply in love with God's 
ndson, Elliot Esteban Arellano, into a temporal world.Word.

Comments

Popular Posts