When Flowers Were I n Bloom

When Flowers Were I n Bloom

Monday



I recall those long ago summer days when mom or dad would call and ask me to stop by after work and have supper. While mom and the girls made flour tortillas, chile con queso, frijoles refritos, and pappas y carne de supa, Shio would bring out the guitars and tambourines and maracas, and we'd sit aound the kitchen table and sing coritos. We'd sing late into the evening, and there was joy and laughter, and we were filled with the Holy Ghost; and the Honey Moon, a witness to our jubilation, blessed summer blooms with lover's light and peaked through our window as the curtains flapped in the breeze. This corito reminds me of those days and had me clapping and singing and making a ruckus. My wife wondered if I was touched. Yeah, touched by the Spirit... 

No comments:

Post a Comment