When Flowers Were I n Bloom

When Flowers Were I n Bloom

Saturday

And after so many years,





















And after so many years,
the world slides off my shoulders.
Elephants collapse
turtles flee --
pink evenings,
valleys and mountains,
Wednesdays and Sundays;
all, all is lost.
Believe me --
earth is flat, and the ocean,
well,
spills over the edge.

And after so many years,
you say, "My love is yours."
What colossal weight --
please,
not another word.

The autumn roads we traveled
led us here
to a graveyard in my chest.
Buried there
my heart --

please,
not another word.

4 comments:

  1. welcome...

    lovely imagery, fabulous word flow.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jingle.
    I found a link to Beyond My window
    While on Efflorescence & in turn found the link to Jingle
    while reading Beyond My window. Anyway,thanks for the comment.

    I don't know if I'm doing this right. Please let me know. I'll start reading some of the entrys soon & will leave a comment.

    Peace
    love
    & all that good stuff ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, Happy Firday! Blessings…

    Friendship Awards, Enjoy!
    Thanks for the support, You Rock!
    xxx


    come back this Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will
    & thanks for the greetings

    peace & love
    my sister

    ReplyDelete